Friday 3 January 2014

2013 Favourite Beauty Products

 

2013 is over! Am I the only one who thinks this year has gone waaaaaay too fast?! This year has been one of the hardest I've had to face yet, however one of the few good things that came out of this year was A Little Gem,  and with that my love for beauty has grown enormously! I have discovered a lot of amazing products this year, aswell as disovering some amazing bloggers along the way.  Some of the products I have featured in this post I have done full reviews on so I will leave links if you fancy checking those out. So I think I'll get straight to it...
 
Nivea In Shower Moisturiser
This product had a mix of reviews when it was released earlier in the year. It was a product I was keen to try but never got round to it till quite a while after its release. I suffer from very dry skin on the tops of my arms/shoulders so am always after a good moisturiser. Plus moisturising in the freezing cold is one of the worst things ever! I have continued to buy this and use it at most shower times and I have noticed a big difference in my skin, especially on the dry skin on my arms.
 
Seventeen Wow! 3 Way Highlighter
Seventeen had a bit of a rebrand a few months ago and as part of this they launched a number of new products including this amazing highlighter. This highlighter is beautiful and so easy to work with. It leaves a lovely, natural-looking glow to the skin. I use it over my foundation on my cheek bones, forehead, bridge of my nose and cupids bow. I have heard some say they use this as a primer too as it gives a lovely radiant all over glow. I have done a full review of this lovely product here.
 
Tangle Teezer
As soon as I discovered Beauty Blogging, this was a tool that very quickly made its way to the top of my wishlist. This year I have worked hard to get my hair in better condition and tried to help it grow a bit more. Every blogger and their dog has this beauty of a hair brush so I had to try it, and oh boy am I glad I did! (Note to self-must use the phrase 'oh boy' more often.) Every three months I have my roots done with bleach and this leaves my hair awfully dry and therefore becomes tangled very easily, however with this baby its no problem! I have never used a brush like this that smooths any tangles without any pain or discomfort. If you have long hair I would absolutely give this a go! See the full review here.
 
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
This was my go-to product of the summer. I suffer from oily skin on my face and in the heat, liquid foundation has no chance. However teamed with this beauty, my make up stayed beautifully in place and kept the shine at bay. As you can see from the photos above, I have hit pan (*sad face*) however a new unopened powder is ready and waiting to be used. If you suffer from oily skin too, then I would definitely give this a go!
 
Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Blemish Stick
I don't tend to get many spots however when I do they seem to hang around forever! I picked this little gem up in Boots on a 3 for 2 and I haven't looked back since. As soon as I can see a spot or a blemish beginning to show, I put a bit of this on before bed and by the time I wake up the spot/blemish has disappeared. Its the best spot treatment I have ever used, if you're a teenager going through that dreaded spot phase then I would definitely recommend using this. Its cheap and extremely easy to use. I have done a full review on this that you can check out here if you wish.
 
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques brushes have been one of my favourite beauty discoveries of 2013 and I found it very hard to pick just one that has been my favourite but I had to go with this one as it has changed the way I apply make up completely. I never used to think about using a brush to blend in foundation however using this brush, my foundation is left looking flawless and even. If you have never tried a Real Techniques brush then definitely give it a go. A good start would be the Core Collection. You can see my review for this brush here, and for the core collection here.
 
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
A bit of a strange favourite for 2013 as I don't pay too much attention to the mascara I use but I had to include this as I literally use it every day. It doesn't leave my eye lashes lumpy and doesn't flake so is great for every day use. It also has a lovely long wand which I find much easier to use, especialy for the lower lashes.
 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This is definitely up there with beauty bloggers holy grail products and I can absolutely see why! For a cheap price tag, this concealer is pretty darn fantastic. It has a thick creamy consistency and yet is very easy to blend. I use this under my foundation for dark circles and any blemishes before I even out my skin tone with the foundation. This is the best concealer I have ever used by far, and I use it almost every day. I cannot fault it whatsoever.
 
Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Liner
Until about 4 months ago I never wore eye liner but after months of reading blogs and watching youtube videos, I decided to pluck up the courage and go for it! I wanted a good liquid eye liner but didn't want to spend too much in case I didn't like the finished look. Collection is a cheap and cheerful brand so that's the reason I picked this product up. Ok, I don't have anything to compare it with, but I love it! I have recently picked up the brown shade aswell. The liner is really easy to work with (I have even mastered flicks with it!) and stays put for ages!
 
Wella Oil Reflections
This has probably been my number one product of 2013. It has completely changed the condition of my hair. I started using it about 6 months ago and since then I have noticed a huge difference in the condition and length of my hair, and have also received a great number of compliments on my hair. My mum got this for me as she is a hairdresser, but I think it retails for about £14 or so. I use it after washing and towel-drying my hair. It has a beautiful scent to it and just feels luxurious when I apply it to my hair. To see my full review click here.
 
So there we go, my top procuts of 2013! I've loved discovering beauty blogging and, with it, lots of lovely new products. Its hard to explain my passion for it to someone who doesn't frequently read blogs or blog themselves. It was very very hard to narrow down my favourites collection but thse are the products that I have continuously used and, as yet, I have not been let down by them.
 
What have been your top products for 2013? Have you been loving any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment