Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag

So this tag has been floating around the YouTube/Blogging world for a few weeks now ever since Essiebutton and Amelialiana first created it (see their video here). I have seen a few different takes on it and have taken some of the different questions to create this post. So I hope you enjoy!


Best Balm/Treatment...

So I have picked both a lip treatment and a balm for this. The Popcorn Lip Scrub from Lush was my savior through the colder months when my lips became dry and chapped. I just take a small amount of the product to my finger and gently rub onto my lips and then just lick away any remaining product from my lips, and when I'm finished I have baby soft lips.
My favourite balm was quite a tricky choice as I have quite a few that I enjoy using but I love the Baby Lips range as they are ultra soothing and leave my lips in lovely condition. I have 5 Baby Lips now but the Intense Care (yellow) and Cherry Me (orange) are my two favourites from the range. Intense Care is a colourless balm which is great for prepping the lips for lipstick or just to give them an ultra boost of hydration. Cherry Me is a red-tinted balm which is great to spruce up a simple daytime look.


Best eye catching red...

So I know both of these are liquid form but their finishes are very different. Spicy by Nyx is part of their Xtreme Lip Cream collection and, as you can tell by the swatch, is a bright bold red and has a matte finish to it. What I love about this is that it lasts an absolute age on the lips and doesn't budge, even when food and drink are involved.
Big Bang by Rimmel is part of their Apocalips range which is one of my favourite lip product range anyway (see my post here). It has a very glossy finish and is a gorgeous post-box red that glams up any look.


Best Pink...

This was quite tricky as pink seems to be my go-to lip shade but I managed to narrow it down to these two. Out Of This World is an Apocalips, again I know(!), and is a very shimmery, dusky pink which has a glossy finish to it.
16 is part of the Rimmel Kate Moss range and is a much more 'Barbie' pink and, although it has a matte finish, it has a lovely creamy consistency and is an absolute dream to apply. See my full review here.


Best Nude...

A nude lip product is probably the most staple part of one's makeup collection. I don't actually have that many but these are two of my favourite lip products anyway so they fit this category perfectly. Beehive is a glossy nude (very glossy!!) and is one of my favourite lipsticks. I bought this after reading a review on LLYMLRS ETC, you can see my post on this lipstick here as part of my The Blogger Made Me Buy It series.
Rose Petal was a bit of a random purchase as I was in quick need of a lipstick and due to the cheap price tag I thought I couldn't go wrong. I really like this lipstick, although it can be a bit chalky and drying, the shade and finish is great. It is much more matte than Beehive and the shade is a bit brighter but I love it.


Fave gloss...

Ths was such a hard one! I love lip gloss and wear it almost all of the time, and I have quite a few in my stash. I decided on these three even though they are very similar. The Nyx Butter Gloss is my newest addition to my gloss collection and I love it. Its a candy-pink shade and the formula isn't too stiky which is good.
Picnic In The Park is part of the Tanya Burr Cosmetics range and is a gloss I have been after ever since its release. I could have picked up all of the other shades in this collection as they are all lovely but this is probably the most wearable out of the whole collection. Its, again, a pretty pink shade which is great on its own due to its high pigmentation, or over the top of a lipstick. Plus it smells of strawberries which is gorgeous!
This Maybelline Coloursensational gloss is the one I reach for the most and I keep it in my handbag for everyday use as the shade is just beautiful. I would say it is more of a peachy shade but it is quite subtle which is why I like it for every day use. The formula isn't too stick either which is another plus.

Liner-yes or no?

Definitely no. I do have lip liners and I have been known to wear them on the odd occasion but, in general, they aren't for me and just add another stage to the application process.



Best Autumn/Winter...

This was a very easy decision as they are two of my favoure lip products anyway. I think every beauty blogger and their dog has the Kate Moss 107 lipstick (see my post on it here) and it really is a gorgeous shade. I think you can wear this shade all year round but especially in the colder, darker months. It has a matte finish and is a deep plum-red shade.
Plum Russian is part of the Bourjois Colour Boost range and is a beautiful plum shade which has a lovely glossy finish.The pigmentation isn't great but the fnish and formula make up for that. It is also super moisturising which is perfect for the colder months when lips have a tendency to be much drier.


Something Else...

I knew I wanted to include the Revlon Lip Butters in this post but I wasn't really sure where. They are super, super moisturising and the pigmentation and colour pay off is incredible! I honestly don't know what there is to not like about them. I have the shades Tutti Frutti and Candy Apple which, as you can see, are quite bright shades but there are more subtle shades in the collection so I might add another couple to my stash.

Have you done this tag? I would love to have a look so leave any links.

No comments:

Post a Comment