Saturday 24 May 2014

The Beauty Show UK Haul

 


So recently I attended The Beauty and Hair UK show at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. The show was full of well known and not so well known brands displaying the products they had to offer. Some of the well known brands there included Elemis, Lauren's Way, NYX, Sienna X and Monu, aswell as lots of new and upcoming brands. Some of the stands offered trials of the products they were showcasing including eyelash extensions, gel nails and teeth whitening at reduced rates, and free spray tans and workout equipment to try. I had a great day and picked up some great products to try which I thought I would show you.

W7 10 out of 10 Browns Eye Shadow Palette
This is a palette of 10 neutral shades ranging from light to dark. They are a mix of both matte and shimmer eye shadows, and can be used for everyday use, to create defined contour, or to create a smoky eye effect. I haven't' tried this out yet but it was only £5 so was an absolute bargain!

Kco Makeup Brush
On the stand this brush was being used to apply all sorts of different make up including liquid foundation and powder. It is very similar to the Real Techniques Stippling brush however feels much more dense so could be ideal for applying liquid foundation or blending in concealer.

Pink Essentials Medium Eye Shader and Brush Essentials Contour Powder Brush
This were both on a stand full of all sorts of different makeup brushes at absolute budget prices! I picked up both of these for £5 and I'm really excited to try them out, especially the contour brush as it is very different to my current one.

Glam Lac Professional Lacquer in Sea Lover and Naturally Cute
I fell in love with these shades, particularly Naturally Cute as it seems like the perfect nude shade for me which is great for when I'm at work. Sea Lover reminds me of Greenberry by Barry M but isn't quite as bright however I think this will look lovely in the summer with (hopefully) a bit of a tan.

Cuccio Naturale Butter in Vanilla Bean and Sugar
This was another stand that had loads of products on offer with lots of different scents. I tried a bit of the butter they had on the stand and it feels so thick and moisturising so I opted for the smaller tub and might use it on my feet as they are in desperate need of some TLC.

SuperCover Professional Makeup Eye Pencils in Raspberry, Ocean and Brandy
These were probably my bargain of the day-all three for just £5! I know, I couldn't believe it either. I swatched the pencils at the stand and they seem really pigmented and, even though I washed my hands several times, the swatches hardly budged so I'm hoping they will last just as long on the eyes. They also had so many different shades to choose from but I thought I would go for these as they are probably more wearable.

ArtDeco Eyeshadow in 250
Ok so this eye shadow is absolutely tiny but the pigmentation of it is absolutely amazing! I fell in love with the colour as it reminds me of the Mac Pigment in Golden Olive which I have been trying to get hold of for sometime so you can imagine my excitement when this appeared in front of me. I cant wait to use it!

NYX Blush in Bourgeois Pig
So NYX is obviously a brand many will know however they aren't as readily available in the UK but they have started selling it in some Next stores. Anyway, this was the stand I wanted to see the most as I love the NYX products I already have and I was desperate to try their blushes. They have a lovely selection of shades and this one seems unlike any of my other blushes. Plus it was cheaper than buying it in Next!

NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie
This is another NYX product I really wanted to try and, again, it was cheaper than in stores. I did a little swatch in stores and the gloss seems so creamy and well pigmented. I was a bit stuck for choice as although there was a wide selection, they had run out of quite a few. I picked up this pale pink shade as I think it will be perfect for during the day in the summer.

Did you attend The Beauty Show?

No comments:

Post a Comment