Tuesday 27 May 2014

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hour by Eye Studio

 

If you haven't heard of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's then where on earth have you been?! They've been available in the UK for quite some time now, and I have pretty much most of, if not all, their collection. 
 
They are essentially cream eye shadows but their pigmentation and staying power is amazing and I have yet to find any better! They apply like a dream and can be used alongside other eye shadows, powdered or otherwise, on their own or as a base. The darker shades work brilliantly at creating a long-lasting smoky eye.
 
Light In Purple
This shade is completely different to the rest of the collection as it is very cool-toned and also has a slight effervescent effect to it. The shade is slightly purple-esque and works perfectly as a base for a smoky eye, or paired with a subtle eye shadow. I don't think this shade works very well on its own as it is very bright and eye catching but it is still lovely.
 
Pink Gold
This shade is perfect for daytime wear, epically during the spring. It is a metallic, pastel pink and works great on its own. I sometimes use it with Metallic Pomegranate too as these work really well together.
 
Permanent Taupe
This is my favourite out of the collection and is the only matte shade I have. As the name suggests, this a dark, brown taupe shade. I usually wear this shade on its own or with a highlighter just in the inner corners. Although this is quite subtle initially on the lids, with enough build up and coverage, it can create a lovely yet striking look which I love.
 
On and On Bronze
This shade is the perfect bronze shade and is perfect when creating a warm-neutral based smoky eye effect as it is a perfect all-over shade and blends well with so many other neutrals.
 
Metallic Pomegranate 
This is a dark purple shade and has gold glitter particles in it which, although doesn't sound like it works, actually gives off quite a good effect. I don't tend to wear this on its own as it is quite dark however looks beautiful teamed with either Pink Gold or another lighter eye shadow.
 
Eternal Gold
This is my least favourite from the collection and is the one I wear the least. I think this is probably because it is very shimmery, however now the summer is coming it could look lovely just gently swiped over the lids to create a shimmery sun kissed look.

Have you tried any of these, or any other shades? I would love to know as I highly rate these and they are one of my favourite products in my makeup collection.

2 comments:

  1. i love permanent taupe because it's the first matte cream shadow i've seen!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea they're mostly all shimmery or metallic aren't they?! this one is lovely though x

      Delete