Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spring Makeup


So for me Spring has most definitely sprung! I love Spring, not only because it means my birthday and bank holidays (I actually love bank holidays waaaaay more than my birthday or Christmas!) but it also means that the lovely, warmer weather is on its way.

Come the Spring time I tend to wear a bit less makeup and go towards the more natural look as I think this is very fitting with this time of year. So I thought I would show you a few of the products I love using to help achieve this look. I should mention that most of these products have been featured in favourites posts over the past few months.

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush in 02
A dewy glow is perfect for Spring time, and what better way to achieve it than with a peach cream blush?! I haven't used this blush for ages however as I have been wanting to look a little more natural yet radiant, I have been reaching for this time after time. This blush applies like a dream (hence the name perhaps?!) and blends very easily. It creates a beautiful fresh-faced look that is so perfect for this time of year.

Bourjois Maxi Delight Bronzer & Barbara Daly Kabuki Brush
Bronzer is probably my number one product for the warmer months, nothing beats a lovely bronzed face. In the cooler months I have been trying to master the art of contouring and, although I feel I have had some success, I think a sculpted face can look a little too harsh for creating that natural Spring look. So I have rediscovered my Kabuki brush, which I absolutely loved last summer, and have been using that to apply the bronzer. I still apply to the hollows of my cheeks and the temples, but I find using this brush doesn't leave a definied look as such, more of a natural bronzed glow.

Revlon Colourburt Matte Balm in Striking
Matte is a big trend for this year, and I didn't think I would like the matte lip look as much as I actually do. A lot of care for your lips is needed if using a matte lip product however when they are lovely and smooth, a matte lip looks absolutely beautiful yet not too overbearing. I have even found that the brighter shades work really well during the day, something I wouldn't normally do using glossy products. This matte balm from Revlon is a perfect shade for both day and night, and really finishes off that perfect Spring look.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Pricision Micro Eyeliner & Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eye Liner in Taupe
During the daytime I don't like to wear eye liner as I feel I don't really need to. However if I am going out for dinner or drinks, I do like to make a bit more of an effort with my makeup, and I think a striking eye is a perfect way to do this. I have been using the Precision Micro Eyeliner on the top lash line to create a defined winged eye liner look. I then take the taupe eye liner on the waterline. I find that though this does create a beautifully definied eye, it doesn't look as heavy as using black eye liner on the water line. Remember, I like to look a little more au natural in the spring time and although I spruce things up for the evening, this shade eye liner helps tone things down.

Lush Feeling Younger Skin Tint
This product is great for creating a dewy glow that everyone strides to achieve during these warmer months. It has a creamy consistency to it but is quite thick yet very easy to work with. To create a perfect Spring glow I have been using this as a primer underneath a tinted moisturiser or light coverage foundation as it just creates a more radiant base.

MUA Undress Me Palette
This is a brilliant palette and is something I use almost daily as it has a great shade range. However recently, I have found myself using more of the paler pink-hued shades, in particular the matte shadows. I find these perfect for Spring as they create an effect that doesn't attract too much attention and is perfect for both day and night time looks.

So there we have it, some of my favourite Spring products that I use to create a natural and radiant look.

Does anyone else use any of these products? Or anything similar?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment