Tuesday 15 April 2014

Models Own Hyper Gel in Coral Glaze



I have a love/hate relationship with Models Own. After first trying their polishes last summer, I wasn't very impressed. I found the formula very thin and difficult to achieve an even application. However, I had another shot with a polish from their Velvet Goth collection in the Autumn and I was really impressed. So when this collection hit the shelves this year, I thought I would give them a go.

I love gel like polishes, the finish is so beautiful and classy and they normally last quite a few days without chipping. I have quite a few gel like polishes in my collection (thinking about doing a collective post about them all soon) but I thought one more wouldn't hurt, and this colour really caught my eye! Its perfect for the summer months, and is unlike any shade I already own.

Firstly, I really don't like the Models Own brushes, I find them very thin and with such a large lid, it can be hard to have full control over the brush. This formula seems slightly thicker than my previous experiences with the brand, however still very thin and runny, making application quite difficult. The polish takes quite a while to dry, but that is expected with gel like polishes. The polish did seem to last a good couple of days on my nails, however I really didn't like the finish. Due to difficult application, the polish was very uneven on my nails which did make them look tacky and isn't the look I was going for.

So overall, I really was not impressed with this polish. I would say its a big disappointment but I haven't had the greatest experience with this brand before. I think im going to stay away from Models Own polishes for quite a while now, I need to learn from my mistakes.

Has anyone else had the same issues? Or have you had the complete opposite thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I have a sort of love/hate thing with models own too. The formula is very hit and miss -and I hate that you can test them in the shops as they are in plastic packaging! I wasn't overly impressed with their hyper gel range, amazing colours but they just don't last, I find they kind of peel off!

    I'd love to see a post on your gel polishes! I'm loving gel formulas at the moment and as a nail polish addict I love a reason to buy another nail polish!


    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gith, they don't last very long and I find the brand just overly disappointing :(
      I have just posted about my gel nail polish collection if you fancy checking it out :) xx

      Delete