Friday 7 February 2014

January 2014 Favourites

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks, I can't believe I have only just got round to doing my January favourites! Lots of exciting things happening though, just not enough hours in the day! Anyway here is what I have been loving in January...
 

 
Herbal Essences Classics
I love Herbal Essences so when I heard they were going to re-release some of their classic products I got just a little bit excted. I went out straight away to get my hands on their classic conditioner, I think I would say its my all time favourite hair product. It has such a classic Herbal Essences scent and no other conditioner leaves my har this soft. I have been loving using this again.

Soap and Glory Shower Gel
I bought this a few months ago and use it almost every day. The first thing I love about it is how far the product goes! This shower wash has the Soap and Glory scent that I absolutely love and I feel so clean after using this.

Benefit Coralista Blush
I got this sample a few months ago but have only just started using it. I've never tried a Benefit blush so was quite eager to give it a go. The shade is a peachy coral shade which I love, the blush is amazingly pigmented so lasts ages! I'm almost running out of this sample however I have already convinced myself to purchase the full size.

Seventeen Eye Shadows
I picked these single shadows up just before Christmas as I was after a couple of good neutrals that I could use. I know they look extremely similar but Rose Quartz has a slight pink tone to it whereas Statuesque is more of a bronze hued neutral. This eye shadows are so easy to work with and blend, I've been wearing them nearly every day!
 
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream
They have recently started selling NYX in selected Next stores across the country, and as NYX is a brand I have wanted to try for a while I had to pick up a few bits including this lip cream. I love this product so much, it has become my favourite lip product I own. The lip cream is effectively a lacquer, similar to Rimmel Apocalips, but I find it to be much more pigmented and slightly more of a matte finish than the Apocalips. This lip cream also lasts ages which is another bonus!
 
Natural Collection Lipstick in Cranberry
I don't own many Natural Collection products but their Moisture Shine lipsticks are lovely so when I saw this beautiful cranberry shade I had to give it a go. Whereas the pigmentation isn't as great as other lip products, I love how easily this glides onto the lips and how it doesn't cling to any dry areas. I have been wearing this lip shade most days in January as I find it is perfect for this time of year.
 
Lush Popcorn Scrub
I have recently done a full review of this product that you can see here. However in brief, this is an exfoliator for your lips to help reduce dry areas. It has a delicious buttery taste to it and is fantastic at smoothing the skin on the lips. I have been using this most days before I apply lip balm and/or lipstick and I find the lips feel so much smoother and products are much easier to apply after using this.
 
Pro Strong Nail Strengthener
I got this as part of a set for Christmas, I do believe it was available on QVC. This product is a liquid nail strengthener that dries almost instantly. I have been applying this underneath OPI Nail Envy anytime I paint my nails and it has made such a difference! My nails are much more stronger, and the peeling that I used to get has almost completely disappeared!
 
Collection Jesy's Eye Shadow
Little Mix released a make up range for Collection based on their individual make up looks a few months ago. I loved the look of these loose eye shadow however this copper shade was the only one I thought I would get use of. This eye shadow is a beautiful copper shade that has a shimmer finish to it. As it is loose, it is extremely easy to apply and to work with, and the colour can be built up depending on the look you are trying to create. I have been using this a lot just with a champagne shade or as part of a bronze smoky eye.
 
Babyliss Curling Wand
I bought this in the Boxing Day sales as I have been after a curling wand for ages and this was an absolute bargain at £10! Its extremely easy to use, it has 10 different levels of heat although I tend to use the highest as my hair is so thick and long. I've been using this on sections of my hair to curl the whole head, or just picking individual sections to create a bit more of a relaxed, surf look. The curls last for ages and most of the time last into the following day with a little help of some good hairspray.
 
So there we have it, I didn't realise quite how many products I have been loving until I went to compile this post!
 
Has anyone else tried any of these products?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment