Friday 20 December 2013

Make Up Haul

 
You might have caught my Primark haul ( click here ), in which I mentioned that I am living on a tight budget in the new year. So in preparation for this I went on a big shopping trip and stocked myself up with lots of goodies to see me through the next few months!

My favourite Rimmel Stay Matte powder has hit pan so I am using it rather sparingly. Obviously this isn't going to last me three months, so the first thing on my shopping list was a new powder. I wanted to try a different one, and I love the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, so I thought I would give the powder a go. I picked up the shade 010 Fair, although I have to say the selection of shades wasn't great.

I then moved onto the Sleek counter, where I picked up a new blush in Life's A Peach and the Face Contour Kit in Light. I really like the blush I already have ( see here ) so I was keen to try another, and a few people have compared Life's a Peach to Nars Gina. I have seen the Contour Kit on a few blogs now so could no longer resist! I have been quite adventurous with my contouring as of late, so I'm pretty eager to try this out!

The next stand I came to was Seventeen. They've had a bit of a rebrand in the last few months, and have released a few new products (see my thoughts on their 3 way highlighter here ). I was after a new concealer to try, so thought I would give this one a go and see if it can live up to the heavily loved and worshipped Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I have also been after a couple of nude lip colours to wear, so I picked up Seveteen's Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive, which has a beautiful glossy finish and is very wearable. I also picked up Natural Collection Moisture Shine in Rose Pearl, which has more of a matte finish but is equally as beautiful a shade.

The next stand I hit, where I did the most damage, was Bourjois. I have really been loving Bourjois recently, I think they have such a great selection of products. They also had an offer on where if you spent more than £15 on Bourjois goodies, you received a free gift worth £29! Who can resist?! So I picked up the Colour Boost in Plum Russian. I love the Colour Boosts, they're so glossy and well pigmented, and this shade is such a lovely plum for this season. I also bought an Intense Smoky  Eye trio, which includes two eye shadows (a pale silver and a teal) and a liner (also a teal). So this meant I had spent enough to get the free gift which included a nail polish, another Smoky Eye trio, a Volume Glamorous Max Holidays mascara and a 3D Effect Lip Gloss.

The last couple of things I got was another Barry M Matte polish. I got the shade Vanilla which is very similar to Models Own Utopia, but has the matte finish to it which I love! And finally I got another Scandaleyes eye shadow paint in Rich Russet. This paints are brilliant to work on their own or to add colour to a smoky eye or another shadow.

Wow that was a long post! I never realise just how much I buy until I have to write up the blog post!

Has anyone else tried and tested any of these products? Please let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew Barry M did matte nail polishes? That's so cool!

    Rachelsbeautybites.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they certainly do! They're lovely :) xx

      Delete