Thursday 12 December 2013

Giving Second Chances...


In case you missed my first encounter with Models Own (see here) I will quickly tell you that my experience was not a good one. The polish was thin and watery, and they had pretty rubbish staying power. However when I saw the new Velvet range that Model's Own have brought out, I decided to give them a second chance. And I'm so glad I did!
 
Sardonyx is a berry shade with red glitter. I picked this shade as I thought it would look lovely on a cold winter day, or to a Christmas party. The first thing I noticed was the drying time was very quick which is an instant win for me. Although the formula is still quite thin, for some reason it seem to work with this polish. The finish is quite matte with the glitter shimmering through. This whole range is quite beautiful, and unlike one I've seen before. I also love the packaging, the lid of the bottle is covered in velvet which, I think, is a lovely finish to the bottle.
 
So I tried again and I've been sold. Although I don't think I will buy another colour from the basic Model's Own collection, I would be tempted to try their limited edition collections they bring out in the future.
 
Has anyone else tried any polishes from this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment