Friday 6 December 2013

2 New Barry M Polishes


Barry M have recently launched a whole new range of products including eye shadow palettes (click here to see my thoughts), foundation and some nail polish collections. When Boots had a 3 for 2 offer recently I decided to try out a polish from the new Matte collection and one from the new glitter Royal range.
 
Crush is a beautiful berry shade which is absolutely perfect for this time of year. The polish applies well and evenly, although can be quite thin at times. What I liked about using this polish was the quick drying time that I don't normally get from the Barry M polishes. The matte finish is something I was slightly unsure about to begin with as I love a glossy finish, but I have to say I think the matte finish is really lovely and is a nice change from a standard glossy finish. I'm tempted to try another colour from this range, although none of the other shades stand out for me.
 
Duchess is a pink based glitter polish with a textured finish. I found it really hard to pick a shade from this collection as all of them are completely different and all perfect for the party season. I went for Duchess as I think its a great shade for either the day or on a evening, or even just as an accent nail with another polish. The finish is a bit strange and something I'm not used to as it is textured, but I have to say I quite like it. It, again, has a quick drying time which is always a bonus for me. This polish is a perfect party polish and I think I will definitely be picking up  few more from this collection.
 
Has anyone else tried these polishes? Or any from the collections?

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the Crush shade! It's perfect! The other colours aren't that great in that range though, I have the mocha one too which is nice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a lush colour! I'm a little bit addicted to it ha. I've just picked up the nude shade, can't remember what its called though xx

      Delete
  2. These shades are gorgeous, I love the matte finish on Crush.
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both, their finishes are so different from what I normally go for!

      Delete