Friday 15 November 2013

Product Review-Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

 


This fairly new release from Rimmel was something I was interested in trying out. As you may or may not know, I have oily skin and try my best to keep that greasy shine at bay. This foundation claims to create a matte finish yet without feeling too heavy on the skin. First things first, I found a little goes a long way when using this foundation which is great! I used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend this foundation onto my skin. It definitely left me with a natural matte finish however it did leave my face feeling caked in make up. It felt very heavy on my skin which contradicts the 'lightweight formula' it says on the bottle. Another flaw of this foundation is the packaging-it feels very cheap and I don't like seeing the colour of the foundation before I buy it. I went for Ivory because I've had that shade in other Rimmel foundation so thought that would be the best match.
So I'm a bit undecided with this one. Although it creates the look I am after, I really don't like how heavy it feels on my skin and I probably wouldn't have bothered with it if I had known that before.

Has anyone else tried this product? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I was given a sample and I thought the same thing, it looked great on the skin but it was let down but the usual thick feel to foundations. I was disappointed like you as I thought this would be an exception. Maybe try the Loreal Nude Magique products as I have heard they give quite a nice matte finish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yea I've heard similar things about the L'Oreal one. I don't mind using this one as much in the winter but I definitely won't be using it during the warmer months!

      Delete
  2. I have super oily skin and wanted to give this a try but it sounds like it's thick and therefore will break me out :(
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea my skin is really oily too, it just didn't work for me unfortunately :( x

      Delete