Saturday 2 November 2013

October Favourites



This month has been so crazy for me! I had a week off work where I really got into writing loads of posts for my blog, and I also went on holiday to Portugal which I'm going to do a post about soon. I have been loving so many things this month, a lot of them have been new things but others are products I have rediscovered my love for.


Bourjois Primer
I bought this quite recently but I'm loving it so much. It has a similar consistency to a balm but is dryer and vanishes onto the skin on application. Its not a very big pot and I've already used quite a lot which is a bit annoying. I find using a cream-based primer to be quite greasy on my skin, and it can feel like I've already applied one layer of make up however I don't get that with this primer. I've noticed my make up lasts much longer using this!

Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser
I know these have been out for ages but I have only just tried it. I have heard mixed reviews but I think it is down to individual taste. I can be quite lazy when it comes to body moisturising, especially in the winter when it gets cold, so this sounded like the perfect solution for me! I also have very dry arms so I was intrigued to see if this made any difference. I noticed the difference as soon as I used it, even my arms felt softer and more hydrated after just 1 use! I really love this product and have almost run out, but I will definitely be repurchasing.

Sanctuary Body Scrub
I used to buy this all the time a couple of years ago but for some reason I stopped. However I have now rediscovered my love for it! The Sanctuary Spa scent is so unique but I just love all of their products. I have needed a new exfoliator for ages so I used this as my excuse! Its really lovely and my skin feels so clean and soft after using it.

Maybelliene Baby Lips
I wasn't too sure on these to begin with, they seemed to be too hyped about. However I took Peach Punch to Portugal and it was my saviour. I have extremely dry lips in pretty much any weather so keeping them moisturised is really important for me. I really like the scent of this one, and it leaves a slight shimmer on your lips but nothing too much so its easy to wear any time.

Collection Eye Liner
I am such a coward when it comes to eye liner, I really don't like putting this too near my eyes but I wanted to create the perfect smoky eye look for my sisters 18th so I decided to take the plunge! I did try a felt-tip-style liner to start with but I found this Collection Liquid Eye Liner to be much easier to apply, and it has a thin tip which is good for using on the water line.

Hair Donut
I have only tried a hair donut once but after watching a few tutorials about getting a 'messy bun' I thought I would give it a go. I used this most days on my holiday as my hair didn't like the dry climate or the water over there, so I could just scrape back my hair and use this. Its so easy to do and the results are great. You can go for a messy bun which is what I prefer, or you could make it much neater and tight (although that would give me such a headache!).

MUA Undress Me 2 Palette
I'm so obsessed with palettes at the moment. I recently reviewed Barry M's eye shadow palette (click here) and wasn't too impressed so when I saw this in Superdrug I had to have it. I took this on holiday and I used it every single day. You can create so many looks from all the different shades. I'm going to do a full review soon with swatches but I had to mention it here as I can't stop using this.

No 7 Eye Make Up Blending Brush
I treated myself to a No 7 eye makeup kit and got this brush with it. I have heard that it is a dupe for a MAC brush but I wouldn't know, all I know is its great. I have another blending brush but this one is so much softer and blends eye shadow perfectly. I've used it to perfect my smoky eye and just for every day blending, I might buy another one to have because as you can see, this one has got rather dirty already and needs a good wash!

Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck
I've had this perfume for ages and I really loved it when I first got it but, as you do, I used it too much and started to really dislike the smell. However I have rediscovered my love for it! I'm not very good at describing scents but I find this one is wearable during the day as it is quite light but could also be used in the evening, very universal. The bottle is a tad on the tacky side but the little charms are quite cute.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Blue Eyed Girl
I know its autumn and the typical autumnal nail would be a lovely berry or red shade, but there's something about this blue that I love! Its not too bright but has such a lovely glossy finish to it and can brighten up any outfit really.

So there we have it, another monthly favourites! I'm also posting a non-beauty favourites in a couple of days so be sure to check that out :)

Has anyone else been loving these products? Or any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment