Thursday 31 October 2013

My Rimmel Collection-Part 2


So hopefully you caught the first part of my Rimmel collection ( click here if you didn't). So this post I'm going to show you my Rimmel Lips and Nails collection.




Rimmel Apocalips in 300 Out of this World, 301 Galaxy, 303 Apocaliptic and 600 Nude Eclipse
I have done a full review here on these products so I'll make this one short and sweet. Nude Eclipse is a classic nude but is the one I wear least as I think it makes me look a bit washed out. Out of this World is a shimmery pink and very wearable, whereas Galaxy is a matte, plum shade which I like to wear with a smoky eye. Apocaliptic is the bravest shade I own, a very bright fushia pink but perfect for big nights out or on holiday!



Rimmel Moisture Renewal Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink
I really like this lipstick. Its a deep nude/light berry shade and has a slight shimmery finish. Its a beautiful colour and I find I can wear it with so many looks. It looks lovely with simple make up for a day time look, or with a smoky eye for an evening look. Its not very drying either which is another plus!

Lasting Finish in 107 and Coral In Gold
I have done a recent review on these lipsticks ( click here ) so I will just briefly tell you about them now. They are both from the Lasting Finish collection but 107 is in the Kate Moss collection. 107 is a deep red shade with a matte finish that is perfect for autumn, whereas Coral In Gold is a shimmery coral shade that is definitely more suited for the warmer weather but I am still enjoying wearing it now. They both have a lovely creamy consistency so feel lovely to apply.



Rimmel Stronger Double Duty Base Coat
I use this as a base every time I paint my nails. The finish is quite gritty so cannot be worn on its own (unless that's you're thing?!). I suffer with quite weak nails and they are very thin so I need as much help as I can get and I find this polish works so well at keeping my nails strong. I really notice the difference when I don't use this.

Rimmel Nail Nurse Nail Base and Top Coat
I only bought this recently as I was in desperate need of a new top coat, and I really like the Rimmel polishes so I thought why not?! It has a lovely wide brush so I only need to use one stroke usually, and it dries really quickly. In terms of non-chipping, I can't say its amazing and keeps my chip-prone nails chip free but it does its job as a top coat and keeps my nails nice and glossy.




Rimmel Lasting Finish polish in 300 Pop Your Pink, 702 Marshmallow Heaven and 705 Tangy Tangerine
Pop your pink is my favourite shade out of these three, its a lovely bright fushia and teamed with a good glossy top coat is a perfect summer/holiday nail polish. Marshmallow Heaven and Tangy Tangerine are much more subtle shades. I especially like Marshmallow Heaven as I think you can wear it with so many looks-in all seasons, on an evening and in the day.

Rimmel Kate Salon Pro in 237 Soul Session
Whereas I absolutely love the actual polish and the formula as its fast drying, glossy and lasts ages, I don't like this colour at all! I might as well not be wearing this on my nails, its so nude. I really like the brush on this polish aswell as, like Nail Nurse, its very wide so only really needs one stroke. I will definitely pick up a few more shades of this polish, and this one can go to the back of my collection.

Rimmel 60 Seconds in 405 Rose Libertine, 415 Instyle Coral, 840 Blue Eyed Girl and 260 Funtime Fuschia
These are my favourite polishes out of my entire collection as they are so fast drying and they are really glossy and shiny. Rose Libertine is a bit of a Beauty Blogger fave. It is a dusty pink shade and a more toned down version of Instyle Coral which is a bit brighter and more of a coral (hence the name). Blue Eyed Girl is a lovely Autumn/Winter shade and I think it can make your look very polished. Funtime Fuschia is my favourite colour that I own, its my perfect colour! Its bright but more of a blue toned pink than my other shades, which I think looks really lovely. I only bought this recently so I'm loving it, and I think its an ultimate trans-seasonal shade.

So there we go, another brand collection done and dusted. I love drugstore brands because you can build up such a collection without spending a hideous amount of money.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, I'm so jealous of all your Rimmel stuff. I really like the apocalips!
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :) yea the apocalips are great! Out Of This World is such a lovely shade x

      Delete