Sunday 27 October 2013

My Everyday Make Up Bag

During the day I don't like using lots of make up on my skin, I thinks its unnecessary and isn't really good for your skin. I have quite a good skincare routine which I think is important if you don't want to wear a lot of heavy make up. So I thought I would show you guys what's in my everyday make up that I carry around with me everyday (obvs).


Rimmel BB Cream
I use this as a base everyday. It has many skin-perfecting properties so is actually good for your skin, and doesn't cover your face in lots of heavy makeup. I usually use a little bit of concealer under my eyes and on any spots/blemishes, and then just use a powder over any oily areas. I find this gives me enough coverage in the day, and doesn't make my skin overly oily during the warmer months.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
I use this mascara on a daily basis because of its lengthening properties. I don't have the longest lashes in the world so I like to use this just to add a bit of length without the false look. I sometimes wear a pale shadow on my eyes or do a bit of subtle blending with a couple of shades but nothing very dramatic.


Revlon Lip Butters in Candy Apple and Tutti Frutti
I absolutely love these lip butters. They're so moisturising and well pigmented so they last a while. Candy Apple is a very bright, classic red, which could be worn as an evening look too but because it is so moisturising, I like wearing this during the day. Tutti Frutti is another bright shade but not quite as bold. Its a peachy, coral colour which can be worn with so many looks. I really enjoyed using this in the summer months.


Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain Balm in Honey Douce
Another Revlon lip product that I really like. This is the darkest shade in my everyday make up bag but I think it looks lovely, especially in the colder months as it is quite an autumnal colour. Its almost a plum shade but without looking too vampy. This also looks really nice with a bit of Vaseline or Carmex underneath or over the top to give it a more glossy look. Because of the pencil style of the product, this is really easy to apply on the go aswell.


Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm, Elemis Quenching Lip Balm, and Balance Me Shine On Tinted Lip Salve in Sheer Raspberry
These are my 3 basic balms that I use the most and that work well at keeping my lips moisturised. I suffer from very dry lips so using good products is important. I actually got the Elemis and Balance Me lip balms as freebies with some magazines, and the Nivea lip balm I bought in Poundland (see haul here) so these weren't pricey products at all (quite the opposite!). The Elemis is a clear balm which has the same tingling sensation as Carmex when you apply it onto the lips. Balance Me has a slight raspberry tint but is a lovely glossy balm. The Nivea balm is a matte, pale pink shade which is lovely for an every day look. This is probably my favourite lip balm as I find it really keeps my lips moisturised.


Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and Pink Punch
I am almost 100% that every beauty blogger and blog reader has heard of these. Whilst I was intrigued into trying them out I wasn't overly desperate to get my hands on them, it just turned out I managed to pick up a couple in my local Boots. Peach Kiss is my favourite out of the two shades. It is a very subtle balm, with a peachy shimmer. Pink Punch is a very Barbie pink shade which I don't really suit unfortunately. I think they are moisturising but there isn't any difference to other lip balms I have tried. Bit of an overrated product here.

So there we go, I love looking in other peoples make up bags, especially the products they use every day. Mine isn't a very extensive collection, but like I said, I don't like wearing a lot of make up during the day. Does anyone else use any of these products? I'd love to know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment