Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Liebster Award

I have been nominated by Beauty Loves for The Leibster Award which I an award for blogs with less than 200 followers.

These are the rules:
-Share 11 random facts about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you for this award
-Nominate blogs with less than 200 followers
-Create 11 new questions
-No tag backs

11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a strange talent where I can remember most of the lyrics to a song after listening to it 2 or 3 times. I tend to sing out loud a lot (ooo that could have been two facts, sneaky).
2.  I don't like Christmas or my birthday.
3. My natural hair colour is mousey brown but I have coloured it ever since I was 11 (I worked pink dip dye waaaay before it came back in fashion).
4. I have 4 dogs and a tortoise called Neil.
5. I love listening to the rain when I'm in bed. I don't like the rain at all any other time.
6. I'm a huge boyband fan. My favourite used to be Westlife until they split up, now there are just way too many to choose from.
7. I have very vivid dreams every single night and I always remember them.
8. I'm 5ft 4".
9. I'm terrified of anything that can fly but in particular birds. I cant even walk past a pigeon.
10. I used to be addicted to Coca Cola and would drink 2 litres of it a day. For 2 and a half years now I haven't touched a drop and tend to just stick to water (Coca Cola anonymous anyone?).
11. I cannot cook to save my life. I can just about rustle up a stir fry but I would never trust myself to let other people try my food.

11 Questions Asked By BeautyLoves
1. If you had to go back in time and give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
It would be to not worry so much about how you look or what you wear, when you're young you're supposed to make mistakes! I remember just sticking to the same old thing (jeans, t-shirt, hoody) because I knew it was safe, but it was boring! I'm now so much more adventurous with everything, so yea I would tell my younger self to just relax about everything and be yourself!
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
This is a hard one! Its a bit of a foodie one but I love love love marmite and soft cheese on toast. It sounds random and weird, yes, but honestly give it a go, its so good!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I have become addicted to the blogging scene and every time I read a post about how they got started or tips for starting out, it always said if you think you can do it and write about things that interest you then do it. So I did! And I love it. Its so much harder than I thought in terms of gaining followers etc. but I love it and I get all excited when I see I've got a new follower or someone commented on my post.
4. What's the best opportunity you have gained from blogging?
I haven't really had any opportunities to be honest. I'm still just getting used to it, getting to know more people and asking for advice.
5. What is your favourite magazine?
Has to be Cosmo, 100%! I also like Look but I only get it when I'm getting my hair done or going on a train or something.
6. What are your go-to beauty products?
My Rimmel BB cream has been a saviour in these hot months. My tangle teezer is my latest go-to product because it is simply amazing (I'm posting a review very soon) and my Nivea lip balms are another go-to product. I suffer with really dry lips and they just keep them moisturised throughout the day.
7. What reality television programme do you wish you were part of?
Made In Chelsea! I am completely addicted to it, I love their way of life! I get really caught up in all the drama and just love seeing what they do. I'm such a nosey person.
8. What celebrity do you style yourself upon?
I don't style myself upon anyone but I like Holly Willoughby's style because she knows exactly what to wear for her figure. I also love Millie Mackintosh's beauty style. I know that she is a make up artist, but she always looks effortlessly flawless!
9. Makeup, shoes or bags? (if you had to pick just one)
Probably make up but its a very hard choice between that and shoes. I'm a collector of both! (I bet most of us can admit we are though)
10. Other than blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I don't really get much spare time but when I do I catch up on all my favourite programmes, do a bit of shopping and catch up with friends and family.
11. What do you hope your blog will be like in a years time?
I don't know what I hope it will be like but I hope that I still enjoy doing it and that I'm still jus as passionate if not more! I also hope to meet some more new people.

Questions For My Nominees
1. If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
2. Favourite drug store beauty brand?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. What advice would you give to yourself now about starting a blog?
5. Do you have subscriptions to Beauty boxes and would you recommend them?
6. Do your friends and family know about your blog?
7. Do you have any goals for your blog in terms of followers or future posts etc.?
8. Would you ever star in a Big Brother style reality show?
9. If you could only pick 5 makeup products to use for a whole weekend, what would it be?
10. Is there a beauty product that you absolutely could not live without?
11. What is your favourite part about blogging? (Very general I know but thinking of these questions is hard!)

I'll tag my nominees on twitter, remember to tag me in your reply so I can read your answers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment