Saturday 14 September 2013

Empties

This is one of my favourite type of posts because it shows what products the blogger has actually been using. I have got quite a few empties to talk about so I'll get started...




Nivea Regenerating Night Cream
This cream I picked up on an absolute whim because I needed a new one and this one was on offer. Simple. I've really been struggling with my skin this summer, it has been so oily, so I've been reluctant to use too much moisturiser as obviously this doesn't help. I have been applying a thin layer at night just before I go to bed. Its helped my skin but I can't say its made a remarkable difference. Definitely putting more thought into my next moisturiser!
Radox Moisturise Shower Cream in Chamomile & Jojoba Oil
My favourite shower gel, ever! I only really buy shower gel when they're on offer and then I just stock up. But this beauty is my favourite. I've loved it for years and I also have the hand wash version. I'm not too good at describing scents, it just smells very clean and fresh. Its a lovely calming shower cream and really feels like its moisturising your skin. The smell stays on your skin for ages after aswell which is lovely.
E45 Intense Recovery Moisture Control Lotion
Although I suffer with oily skin on my face, my arms are the complete opposite. They are very dry and in the winter there are always broken areas of skin or scratch marks. I use a thicker moisturiser in the winter but in the summer I want something lighter and easily absorbed. So I read about this in Cosmo one month and I love it! Its thin but ideal to apply in a rush. It absorbs really quickly and has absolutely helped with my dry arms. I've used occasionally on my legs aswell and it always leaves them feeling super soft.
Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
I really like Simple as I know that a lot of drug store brands do use harsh chemicals in their products. I like to use the least amount of products as I can on my skin and I like using simple products because I know its good for the skin. I use this lotion at night after I have removed my make up. it almost feels like a moisturiser but it absorbs really quickly. I will definitely be repurchasing this!
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
Another favourite brand of mine. I am a major shampoo and conditioner hoarder. If one of my favourite brands is on offer in a supermarket or drugstore I will always stock up, and if its herbal essences I usally get 3 or 4 bottle from their different ranges. I love their Bee Strong range but my other favourite is Hello Hydration. It has a coconut scent which has been lovely using in the summer. I use this after I have shampooed, on the mid lengths and ends. What I love most about herbal essences is that you can always smell their signature scents on your hair the day after. I think I have already repurchased this bottle ready for use!
John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo
I have to say, this has probably been the least favourite product out of all of these empties. I don't think its done an amzing job in the colour of my hair, I don't like the smell of this shampoo at all and I never feel like I've rinsed all the product out as it lathers up so much. I have used this product before but I don't think I'm going to be repurchasing, it can be quite pricey when its not offer and I don't actually think its worth it. I would like to try their Total Repair range as I think that would probably be better for my hair in its current condition.
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
These lip butters are so lovely. If you haven't tried them yet then I highly recommend. They are well pigmented so last ages, feel really moisturising on the lips and come in a lovely selection of shades. This is a subtle nude shade and I wear it a lot at work. It has a bit of shimmer in so can be built up for more of an evening look. I am definitely going to purchase more of these come payday!

So there we go :) Has anyone else used any of these products? What do you think about them?

2 comments:

  1. Everyone always uses up so much more than me! I think I dabble in too many different products lol.

    Lovely blog, now following - Thanks for sending me your link during tonights bbloggers chat :D

    Louise/@staceysmum84

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thing :) although I'm a bit of a hoarder so always stock up ha!
      Ah thanks so much :) I will check yours out in the morning xx

      Delete