Thursday 5 September 2013

Boots Haul #1

I went to Boots recently and spent a small fortune on goodies that I've been after for a little while!
 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This is an amazing concealer! Its heavy coverage and is perfect for blemishes or under the eyes. It lasts ages aswell.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze
I stupidly decided to do a swatch of this product on my hand before buying it, even though I knew that was the shade I wanted. I couldn't get the damn thing off! But at least it proves it lives up to its name. I found this product really easy to apply, easy to blend and the colour is really pigmented so you don't need to use a lot which means this little pot of bronze will last me a while ;)
 

Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fusion
I can never stick to just one mascara. I use the Rimmel Lash Accelerator during the day but when I'm going out on an evening I like to have big full lashes. I used to use the Maybelline Falsies mascara but when I saw that Boots had a 3 for 2 on Maxfactor I couldn't resist! I like this mascara as it its a black/brown colour which I think is a bit different. The wand is quite wide and I found that in order to get really full lashes, it needed a few coats. But it achieved the look I was after so I'm impressed.
Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss
I haven't tried these lip glosses but I'm running low in my collection at the moment and fell in love with this colour. Its a lovely peachy pink and is easy to wear with so many different things. It could be an every day lip gloss or worn out on an evening.
Maxfactor Wild Shadow Pencil
I only picked this up because of the 3 for 2 offer and I'm a bit gutted I didn't go for a darker colour. This is a lovely highlighter colour or could be used as a subtle colour on the lids but I found it took ages to build up the colour, I had to apply lots of coats because of the lightness of the colour.
Maxfactor Wild Shadow Pot
Another disappointment. I thought this would be brilliant as a highlighter shade and one I could wear with a lot of different colours but you can hardly see it on the skin! Its so light and even after trying to build the colour you couldn't see it. Disappointed.com!
Tangle Teezer
Once again, I have heard a lot of raves in the blogging world about this brush. I've been after one for ages but always found an excuse not to spend £12 on a hairbrush. But I decided after a bit of a rubbish month that I would treat myself. And oh my goodness what a treat! I have never ever used a hair brush like this that has the effect it has. Its amazing! I used it on my tangled wet hair first and the tangles practically disappeared without me feeling any pain. I've used it since, and my hair is normally very greasy 2 days after washing it, but it stays lovely and soft, and with the right type of shine!


Maybelline Baby Lips
This has to be one of the most sought after products of the century! Absolutely everyone has been trying to get their hands on these babys. I haven't been that bothered but when I saw them in Boots I thought I might aswell give them a go, I picked up Pink Punch and although its probably a little too baby pink for me, I think its a nice lip product and it is quite moisturising. Maybe I'll try one of the other colours next time.
Simple Products
I love Simple, I always use their cleansing lotion as I think its soothing on the skin and I always feel very clean after using it. This was another brand that had 3 for 2 in Boots (I was one happy girl, I love my Boots deals) so I was after a new cleansing lotion as mine has ran out, and when I saw this beauty was a cleanser and a toner I had to pick it up. I also got some oil reducing moisturising cream and some face wipes (naughty I know).


So that's that! Has anyone else been making the most out of the Boots deals? They've also got a '10 points per £1' event happening aswell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment