Thursday 29 August 2013

Skin Care-Morning Routine

I believe good skincare is the number 1 priority when it comes to beauty. Looking after your skin is very important and by eating the right things, drinking plenty of water and sticking to a good skincare routine then you can't go wrong. Yes you can cover blemishes with concealer and you can use half a jar of foundation on your face every day to create that flawless glow that everybody longs for, but I believe that if you stick to a good skin care routine and use good products then there is no need to overload your skin and fill your pores with chemicals and product.

In the morning, I wash my face with a warm flannel and then use the Clean and Clear Morning Energising Daily Facial Scrub on my face. The citrus smell of this scrub is amazing, it wakes your skin up and smell so fresh. The scrub contains Vitamin C and removes dirt, oil and impurities from the skin. The fresh scent awakens the senses leaving your skin feeling invigorated for the day ahead. This scrub is also oil free which is great for someone with oily/combination skin like myself. If my skin is blemished or I'm having a bad breakout then I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser. I wash my face first with a warm face cloth, then I use about one pump's worth of foam on my face, gently scrubbing it into my face. It does smell quite strongly of tea tree oil but I like the scent and, again, it smells fresh and clean. I find I cannot use this on a daily basis as it contains oil so doesn't overly suit my skin but, as I have said, if my skin is having a breakout of spots or blemishes then I'll use this for a couple of days and it does the trick!

After using the scrub or cleanser I wash it off with a warm face cloth and then apply either Garnier Moisture Match Fresh Mattifying Cream or Organic Surge Super Intensive Daily Moisturiser. The Garnier Moisture Match cream is a new discovery of mine after reading about the new range on In The Frow. My oily skin has really suffered this summer, I find it makes my skin look greasy and dirty and if I apply any make up (especially foundation without primer) it just slides right off. However if I apply a pea-size amount of this to my face it keeps the oily shine at bay. It also has a lovely fresh scent which isn't too overpowering. The Organic Surge moisturiser isn't one I would normally go for as I don't think my skin needs lots of moisture, especially at this time of year, but I received this in a GlossyBox and have been using it since. I really like the silky feel of this product but I find it doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly so isn't ideal if you're in a rush. I don't use this cream as much purely because its an intense moisturiser and I don't think my skin really needs that. Maybe I'll use it more in the Winter months when my skin is a bit dryer.
Has anyone else tried any of these products? Or can recommend any other products good for oily skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment